Lifestyle: Tumblr Style Letters Tutorial.

Sep 9, 2014


Hello, everyone!

It's been a while, but I finally took a breather and managed to post this. In my dorm room tour last week, I promised a little tutorial on the letters on my wall, so here goes nothing! This is an easy peasy tutorial, so whenever you're looking for a quick way to spice up your dorm room, look no further:

Step 1: First of all, think about what you want your wall to say. Write out your entire phrase, then figure out how many letters you'll need of each. It's easier than taking each letter as it comes. Mine says "On va s'aimer, On va danser, C'est la vie." It's part of one of the catchiest songs ever! 

Step 2: After you've figured out the number of letters you need, it's time to choose the font. Dafont.com is one of my favorites, because there's a lot of pretty fonts on there. I always choose the ones that say 'Free for personal use."

Step 3: After downloading the font, open up Word and place your paper on top of your laptop screen. Trace the font on the piece of paper that you're putting on the wall. Use the part that will not be shown. Do this only for symmetrical letters, such as O, A, U, etc. 

Step 4: Other letters will come out backwards when you finish cutting them. For those, you should first transcribe the letter onto a white piece of paper, cut that up, then post it on the front part of the piece you'll be using on the wall. Cut your letters out. 

Step 5: Voila! Add some cute lights (these ones are from Target), and you've got yourself some cute new decor. For my letters, I reused an old Lilly Pulitzer planner because I absolutely loved the prints on each month page. 

Let me know if anything doesn't make sense- I'm currently on a special diet of no sleep, and plenty of homework and unhealthy sweets and greasy foods, so I might not be the most eloquent. I still wanted to share my procedure with you guys, though! Now I'm ready to collapse and cuddle with my stuffed animals! Nighty night! 

8 comments :

  1. Aw that is so cute! I'm moving into a new apartment next week and am definitely loving the room decor ideas! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It's really simple and inexpensive :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Thanks for the wonderful idea. :)

    xo, Isabelle

    http://lost-but-not-found.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy with how it turned out!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool project! Would look so nice in a dorm room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It fits like a charm in my dorm room- makes it feel so much more homey :)

      Delete

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP