Shoulder Pads Are Still Cool, Guys!

Aug 16, 2017

 Photos by Aidan Bradbury-Aranda
earrings: Forever21
top: thrifted from Goodwill
skirt: Zara
bag: Aldo
shoes: thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co. (orig. Madewell) 

...okay, so that's probably not a true statement, but it doesn't stop me from rocking them! I came across this v dated top on a Goodwill outing and it reminded me of big 80s hair and bowling alleys and neon signs, so into the shopping basket it went. Months later, it finally got christened on a night out at the DTLA Art Walk - if anyone is gonna appreciate my GLOWesque shenanigans, it's the LA artist community. I think. I hope. 

But back to that "shoulder pads are cool" statement - who on earth cares? I'm all for trends and fast fashion and Instagrammable looks and owning the same "it" top as every other blogger (because hey, some items really are that good), but clothes are an art form. Meaning, your sense of style should be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. So here's my reminder to y'all. It's okay to wear that thing everyone else thinks is ugly or costume-y or whatever else-y. At the end of the day, what you put on your body is your business, and it should have one main goal: to make you feel beautiful/badass/sexy/insertotherdopeadjective. Go get'em, tiger! 



Thanks for stopping by! Now go out there and be shameless in your style endeavors! 

2 comments :

  1. Shoulder pads are def making a comeback!! Such a cool top and love that you paired with a denim skirt.
    xx Rubi
    Pose & Repeat

    ReplyDelete

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP