The Simple Bodysuit.

Oct 12, 2016


My relationship with clothes is equal parts inspiring and scary. My outfits are my words; my photos are my diary. Where there's happiness there's inspiration, and where there's doubts, insecurities, sadness or anything in between, there's the difficulty of getting dressed in the morning. 

This look is one of the rawest entries, because it comes from a place of both inspiration and doubt - or rather, the burst of inspiration following the moments of doubt. There's an entire list of things that society expects me not to be wearing as a bigger girl, so stepping out in something as skintight as this simple bodysuit is seen as much more of a social commentary than a representation of myself.

It's interesting to think about all the different things clothes can be for people: shelter, a fashion statement, a social commentary, and sometimes a political battleground, particularly if you're a woman. 

I can see how this one look could turn out to be all of the above - or just a simple means of breaking free of all the labels and societal expectations associated with it. Because at the end of the day, dressing is an art. People can create their own interpretations of what it means, but you know your canvas better than anyone else. 
Photos by Aidan Bradbury-Aranda
sunglasses: Warby Parker
earrings: Romania
necklace: gifted
bodysuit: Forever 21
belt: thrifted
jeans: Blue Spice via TJ Maxx
bag: Aldo
booties: Madewell 










Thank you for stopping by! :)

1 comment :

  1. You are rocking the bodysuit!! I'm still looking for one for myself. Love this autumnal color!

    Best,
    Christina
    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP