Outfit: Printed Pants + Sleeveless Peplum.

Dec 28, 2012










Photos by Alexandra Hehlen
headband, necklaces: Icing by Claire's
printed pants: incredibly cheap Romanian store
strapless peplum shirt, high heels: Charlotte Russe
bag, ring: unknown

At some point during my senior year in high school, I decided it was time to experiment with trends, and ended up wearing this pair of printed pants to school. I really liked/still like them, especially the fact that they're skinny, but I still felt self-conscious wearing them among a mass of Hollister-clad individuals. 

Naturally, I didn't show my uncomfortable-ness because I usually just work my clothes as best as I possibly can, even when I don't feel good in them. 

Long story short, I was really into these pants....until some-- uhm---poorly fashion-educated prick decided to comment on them: "Nice PJ's". It didn't help that it was said in a snotty manner. Well, thank you, Mr. Oversized Hoodie and Unwashed Jeans, I'm definitely going to go cry myself to sleep for that one...

While I didn't exactly cry myself to sleep, it did take me a while to work up the courage to wear these pants again, and my newfound obsession for peplum was the perfect excuse to do so!

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, a perfectly festive, perfectly comfortable (assuming you do well with 5-inch heels) New Year's Eve look. And, if you bring a worn out shirt, you can even quickly change into a sleep-appropriate outfit! Thank you, boy in high school, for pointing out the versatility of my favorite printed pants!

Thank you for stopping by! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP