Outfit: Sweater Dress + Earmuffs.

Dec 30, 2012










Photos by Ionela Petriu
sweater dress: Charlotte Russe
 belts: Rue 21 
faux leather jacket: New Yorker 
bag: New York and Co. 
ear puffs: Icing by Claire's 
scarf, boots, headband, leggings: thrifted

I've never been incredibly creative with my winter attire, usually sticking to a sweater, jeans and a jacket. This year, however, I've been trying to mix it up and go easy on the jeans. Leggings have been my go-to's for a while now, but I don't want to be stuck in that rut either. My goal is to have a healthy mix of jeans, leggings, other types of pants, and of course, skirts. For this outfit, I just wanted something comfortable and cute that I could wear and not freeze to death in (this is a difficult goal for me. I get cold incredibly easy). The sweater dress is something I have owned for a while, but never worn. I like the color, the big star on it, the texture, but I was never a fan of the silhouette of it. Now, let's just say the power of belts never ceases to amaze me.

Another thing I have been trying to do is incorporate more bright colors into my outfits. I've never been a daredevil when it comes to color (well... okay, at some point in time I looked like the 80's vomited all over me, but I'd like to forget that), so I've been trying to slowly, but surely integrate color into my outfits. For those of you who are more on the shy side, accessories are definitely the way to work that pop of color, especially bags! New York and Co. has some great ones, and TJ Maxx always brings in beautifully colored Steve Madden bags. They're a bit more expensive for my budget (most are about $40), but that's just because I'm a poor college student. I'm sure many middle class American women would not feel as bad as I would after purchasing one of those bags.

Thank you for reading my various rants about clothing!

Thank you for stopping by! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP