Outfit: Tropical Flowy Top.

Mar 7, 2014





Photos by Laura DeMouche
earrings: Forever21
necklace/bracelet: mother's
top: Wet Seal
jacket: Old Navy (purchased at Plato's Closet)
jeggings: LC by Lauren Conrad (purchased at Kohl's)
shoes: Dolce Vita (purchased at Plato's Closet)

I'm excited to finally getting around to posting these pictures! For as long as I can remember, I've been told that people view my style as colorful. You know when you're in a store and your friend gets something from the rack and just says 'this is SO you?' For me, people are always just grabbing the most colorful things they can get their hands on.

Though I personally believe I'm not there quite yet, it is where I hope to take my style at some point in time. One blogger whose style I hope to emulate is Wendy, who always manages to combine unexpected colors in a new, innovative way.

This top is by far the most tropically colorful thing I own, and it has waited way too long for a shot in my everyday life. I believe I bought it almost two years ago, maybe during one of those 5 for $20 deals that Wet Seal puts on every now and then. I originally purchased it with the intention of using it as a beach cover-up, but had I waited that long, I really wouldn't be getting my money's worth. I was also a bit intimidated by the silhouette, as it's not the most flattering on my curvy body type. By combining it with jeggings, the top proportionally hugs my frame rather than trapping me in it. As a basic rule, it's always a good idea to balance out silhouettes by contrasting them. Also, a large, flowy top calls for a bit of height in shoe choices, especially on shorter girls!

Thank you for stopping by :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP