Outfit: Charlotte Russe Skater Dress + Touches of Red.

Apr 22, 2014





Photos by Aidan Bradbury-Aranda
hair accessory- Chico's
jewelry- handmade by boyfriend
clutch- thrifted
sunglasses- street vendor in Romania
dress- Charlotte Russe (gifted)
shoes- Rue21

As someone who is, for the most part, anti skater dress, I stand corrected. This adorable Charlotte Russe number was gifted to me by a friend (thanks, Laura!) and I've been waiting for the perfect occasion to wear it for a while. A museum outing just fits perfectly with this dress' vibe, doesn't it? A detail that I forgot to photograph is the massive zipper with red details on the back of the dress, the main element tying the dress to its accessories. I'm pretty bummed about forgetting, but I'll definitely feature this dress in future posts and make sure to share all of its cuteness with the world. 

Style Tip: For a timeless feel, choose one color from your main piece and match it with the accessories. The color scheme of this dress screams winter, but by adding red accessories, I managed to lighten up the entire look. Red is scientifically proven to make people look more attractive, so why not indulge? By choosing red as opposed to neons, this look maintains a classic elegance contrasting the current highlighter outfits popular among the younger crowd. 

As part of our little LACMA endeavor, we visited the Journey of a Dress DVF exhibition. The displays were a girly girl's dream with pink walls and insane prints! Below I've added some drool-worthy display shots. Gosh, I can't stop daydreaming about that sparkly black number and lip printed wrap. To anyone reading this: MY KINGDOM FOR A DVF WRAP DRESS. 

The only downside was very obviously being judged by some guy for my Rue21 Valentino look-alikes. I felt like such a phony, but oh well! Not all of us were born in fluff. 










As per usual, I am insanely grateful that you stopped by! Thank you so much! :)


2 comments :

  1. Love that pop of red! Totally what that gorgeous dress needed :)

    Check out our new post over at http://talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com.au/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! Lovely blog! :)

      Delete

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP