Outfit: Shiny Peplum and Tights.

Apr 8, 2014





Photos by Laura DeMouche
earrings: thrifted
necklace: Icing
jacket: Rue21
backpack: Mossimo (at Target)
peplum: Charlotte Russe
shorts: Wet Seal
tights: Charlotte Russe
boots: Route 66 (at K-Mart) 

I've been spending a lot of time in yoga class lately, and every time I work on my breath, I'm supposed to visualize the air filling up my lungs and thinking of a mantra to repeat in my head. For me, that mantra is "It's almost over." It feels so ironic and counterproductive to be trying to slow down my thoughts and be mindful and in the present while constantly repeating something that sounds so rushed and impatient. This semester has just been dragging on and on, and the sophomoreitis I'm suffering from is so intense that I just need a lot of medication (and by medication I mean a trip to Los Angeles to see a cute boyfriend and eat macaroons- oh wait, that's ACTUALLY HAPPENING soon!). 

This month, my outfits have been filled with as much color, or shine, or combination of both as possible. Faking it till I make it has never felt more difficult, but I'm so grateful for the power of clothes! It's all about perspective. Yes, that particular day may have been gray, but all it needed was a bit of sparkle. Don't give up quite yet, overworked college students. We're all in this together!

Thank you so much for stopping by! :)

2 comments :

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP