Style: Golden Globes Favorites.

Jan 12, 2015

Hello, gorgeous people! Other than the VMAs- which I've been watching religiously since I was about 7- I don't usually sit through entire award show ceremonies. This year I'm trying to get all up in that pop culture life (in real time, that is. I've always followed up, just never watched live). 
So, Golden Globes. I have some opinions about the way the Sony/North Korea situation was tackled, but I'll spare you the rant. 
In terms of my style favorites- just a mini rant. I chose my favorites not based by post-broadcast popularity, but based on my personal taste as well as other criteria. Chances are, dressing nicely is a pretty financially effortless endeavor for celebrities that have most things at their finger tips, but there are some things money can't buy. 
The knowledge to dress age-appropriately and the charm and personalities that shine through each outfit are things that I find priceless. Therefore, this top is a representation of my understanding of garment beauty, age-appropriateness, and celebrities' charm and personality. 
What are your favorites + your criteria for putting together a best dressed list? 
As usual, thank you for stopping by! 
Emily Blunt//Kate Beckinsale//Ellie Kemper

Emily Blunt looks flawless and posh. This may be a weird association, but if her voice was a dress, it would be this one. 

In a sea of plunging necklines and lots of boob tape, Kate Beckinsale's look is the only one that did it for me. Both JLo and Jessica Chastain's dresses were beautiful, but my boobs hurt just looking at them. Those dresses did NOT look breast-friendly,

Ellie Kemper's look is just classy and gorgeous. Her lip color and hair compliment her dress so nicely! 
Naomi Watts//Helen Mirren

Naomi Watts never fails during award season- I even dig her snake necklace and Lord knows I'm terrified of snakes!

Like anyone and everyone who saw Helen Mirren on the red carpet last night, I want to be her when I grow up. The woman is 69 years old and just SLAYS in that gorgeous curve-hugging dress.
Quvenzhane Wallis//Anna Kendrick//Lupita Nyong'o

Quvenzhane Wallis looked adorable and totally age appropriate! I love the bow detail and princess skirt and her hair, and, most importantly, her adorable smile!

I'm not usually a fan of Anna Kendrick's outfits, but last night she did this kind of sexy but totally innocent princess dress and I was totally loving it.

Lupita Nyong'o is a risk taker and a goddess. There really are no words. I worship her looks the same way most of the female population worships Kerry Washington.
Emma Stone// Amal Alamuddin Clooney

Emma Stone looked comfortable and Emma Stone-like. She rocks a pair of slacks like none other.

Amal Alamuddin Clooney strikes me as the Kate Middleton of the red carpet- poised, timeless, powerful.
Lorde//Gina Rodriguez

I love the fact that Lorde is not afraid to be herself. I would never be caught dead in that outfit, but it works so well with her personality, her music, and her body, that it's just made for her.

And finally, there's Gina Rodriguez. The only thing I'm not feeling about her look are the shoes she chose to wear with this lovely dress- a bit too much going on for my taste. But the beautiful thing is that I'm barely looking at the shoes- because her skin is glowing, her smile is breathtaking, and her dress is gorgeous! 
*All images are from Getty Images

4 comments :

  1. Beside all that fab dresses, Liev Schreiber is the "I WANT IT"-thing!! Love him!!!

    xoxo Colli || TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Have you ever seen his brother, Pablo? He's on Orange is the New Black and he is BEAUTIFUL!

      Delete
  2. Emma Stone & Lorde wore my favorite outfits of the night!! Great review :)

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! Emma Stone can do no wrong, and Lorde has such a specific style- love her!

      Delete

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP