Outfit: Cropped Sweater + High Waisted Capris.

Jan 19, 2015





Photos by Aidan Bradbury-Aranda
hat + scarf: Wet Seal
earrings: gifted
coat: Charlotte Russe
sweater: Wet Seal
bag: mother's
pants: American Eagle Outfitters
boots: DSW

Full disclosure: I don't do winter weather. My body doesn't do winter weather; my wardrobe doesn't do winter weather; my hair doesn't do winter weather; and my skin REALLY doesn't do winter weather. 

In a typical year, the places I interact with are southern New Mexico, Los Angeles, and San Antonio, none of which are known for cold winters. This time around, though, San Antonio decided to mess with me.

I'm happy I picked up this black and white coat from Charlotte Russe. Coats have always terrified me a bit, as I feel they swallow up my frame. However, the belted waist and fairly body-skimming shape made it a winner in my eyes!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

20 comments :

  1. I love that you paired the high waist with the cropped sweater. It's an excellent way to proportionally balance it out.
    xoxo
    Hannah
    P.S I don't do winter either ;)
    www.frecklesandolives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everyone around me loves winter and I'm glad I'm not the only one that's not a fan!

      Delete
  2. Lovely look! Love the matching hat and scarf!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Didn't think I'd get much use out of them, but boy was I wrong!

      Delete
  3. fabulous look! love your hat and scarf set! its so fun and cute :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so not into winter wear either! But the Northeast forces me to embrace it haha. This is such a cute look! The scarf adds a nice pop of color :)

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always have the best winter looks! :)

      Delete
  5. I totally feel you about the winter weather! I certainly do not do cold anything in my life besides ice cream and smoothies lol. I think you look nice and comfy in your outfit though. You totally don't lose any of your shape with the coat! I love the scarf and hat too, they're so colorful! ♡

    xx AlexisSplash

    deadlikeyourfame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice Look

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, your disclosure on winter weather is hilarious. I understand the struggle 110%! This is a great outfit, I love the jeans with the cropped sweater, it's really cute!

    -Katie
    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hat and scarf look so happy and cozy!! Love it :)



    xoxo



    Kaley



    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're really versatile, too! So many colors!

      Delete
  9. Despite how much you hate winter everything, you can still rock a coat. Also, you're killing it in those high waisted jeans.

    It'll be spring soon enough!

    ReplyDelete

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP